Setting the Legal Profession Up For Success
As a member of CLA, you are part of a community of attorneys and other professionals who carry a wide array of expertise in many fields of law. No matter what section you are part of, you have access to all of these benefits:
Want to learn, connect, and share with other members? Sign up and keep an eye out for our upcoming events:
The Solo and Small Firm Summit returns virtually on June 16-17. Register today!
Save the date for the 2022 Annual Meeting in San Diego this September 15-17. Add to your calendar
Introducing a brand new event: the CLA & CJA Gala benefitting our respective foundations. This is a black-tie affair that will close out the Annual Meeting on September 17 in San Diego. Learn more
MCLE & Resources
- 6.5 free hours of self-study MCLE Credit
- Get high-quality MCLE content online in the format that works best for you: live webinars, on-demand videos, downloadable podcasts, and self-study articles
- Fastcase Legal Research – Free access to powerful service that puts a comprehensive, nationwide law library at your fingertips (valued at $995/year)
- Up-to-date California legislation tracking
As the largest, established network of California attorneys, CLA provides a platform for you to make meaningful connections and have your work seen and heard.
- Attend networking events and conferences, including our Annual Meeting, at a discounted registration rate.
- Reach statewide audiences through our leadership volunteer, public speaking, and writing opportunities.
- Are you a new lawyer? The California Young Lawyers Association (CYLA) is a proud part of CLA, supporting all lawyers in California who have been practicing 8 years or fewer.
Raising Your Voices
The needs of California’s legal professionals are our highest priority, so we lead by raising the voices of members to create policy change. We have been at the center of action on numerous items of interest to our members and to the legal profession in general. We advocate for you, so that you can advocate for others. If you are interested in affecting social change, our Racial Justice Committee is focused on issues regarding racial injustice and reform.