ANNOUNCEMENTS & MEMBER BENEFITS
Setting the Legal Profession Up For Success
To strengthen public protection and better support attorneys in fulfilling their client trust accounting duties, the State Bar is implementing a Client Trust Account Protection Program.
Lawyers have statutory and ethical obligations to safeguard funds they hold in trust for their clients or other persons. Lawyers must keep those funds separate from their business and personal accounts. Lawyers must maintain accurate books and report timely and completely to their client regarding the status and accounting of these funds.
As a member of CLA, you are part of a community of attorneys and other professionals who carry a wide array of expertise in many fields of law. No matter what section you are part of, you have access to all of these benefits:
Looking for a new job opportunity or have a role to offer?
Check out our Career Center.
View exclusive discounted offers on house appliances, car rentals, and more at CalBar Connect.
Connect with other CLA members, ask questions, offer ideas, and comment on the latest developments in the legal world.
A leading legal research service that puts a comprehensive national law library and powerful searching, sorting, and data visualization tools at your fingertips.
MCLE & Resources
- 6.5 free hours of self-study MCLE Credit
- Get high-quality MCLE content online in the format that works best for you: live webinars, on-demand videos, downloadable podcasts, and self-study articles
- Fastcase Legal Research – Free access to powerful service that puts a comprehensive, nationwide law library at your fingertips (valued at $995/year)
- Up-to-date California legislation tracking
As the largest, established network of California attorneys, CLA provides a platform for you to make meaningful connections and have your work seen and heard.
- Attend networking events and conferences, including our Annual Meeting, at a discounted registration rate.
- Reach statewide audiences through our leadership volunteer, public speaking, and writing opportunities.
- Are you a new lawyer? The California Young Lawyers Association (CYLA) is a proud part of CLA, supporting all lawyers in California who have been practicing 8 years or fewer.
Raising Your Voices
The needs of California’s legal professionals are our highest priority, so we lead by raising the voices of members to create policy change. We have been at the center of action on numerous items of interest to our members and to the legal profession in general. We advocate for you, so that you can advocate for others. If you are interested in affecting social change, our Racial Justice Committee is focused on issues regarding racial injustice and reform.